Tuesday, June 23, 2015

I'm on the edge...

The edge of getting sick, that it is. I'm not sure what's up, but there has been a nasty tummy bug going around. I really hope that's not it, but with the way my tummy feels and the constant sick feeling in my throat, I'm leaning towards that. Bah!  

Since I don't really feel like writing today, or eating, I'm going to make this super quick. 

I made a grocery run yesterday. I bought everything I needed for the week (plus some) and bought the kids their stuff. 

 
That's all of my stuff!!  We have: One head of living lettuce, one rotisserie chicken, 2 yellow squash, 2 zucchini, vine ripened tomatoes, 5 peaches, 1 lbs of strawberries, a bunch of fresh asparagus, 2.75lbs of cherries, 2 packages of plain hummus, 2 packages of shirataki noodles, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, one small can tomato paste, and one 15oz can tomato sauce.

Not pictured (kids stuff): A gallon of whole milk, 3 boxes of cereal, frozen pizza, and 2 small frozen lasagnes.  

Total grocery bill: $63. (The cherries were $11...on sale.  Woah.)

Anyway, I think anyone can do this. I understand cost of living is different in every town/state, but you still need a game plan, a meal plan, and willpower. If you have those three things, you can do anything!!  

So, onto my daily food list. I probably won't eat most of this stuff today, but I still wanted to show you what my game plan is/was.  

*8am - 3 hard boiled eggs and a banana (I ate this, but haven't eaten since). 
*10am - 21 cherries (they're calling my name right now, but I'm afraid...very afraid). 
*12pm - grilled chicken breast, half of a sweet potato, and grilled mixed veggies from the kabobs on Sunday. 
*2pm - 2 cups watermelon
*6pm - rotisserie chicke (one breast, only, for me) and steamed broccoli with a little shredded Colby Jack cheese...I'm talking 1/4 cup...if that. (I'll make the kids whatever starch/carb they'd like, but they'll eat everything else). 

Now, I'm off to wallow in self pity and pray this is just a fluke. By the way, those cherries are still callin' my name. Have a great day, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment